Spiritual Exercises in Everyday Life - Richland, Kennewick, Pasco, Prosser, Benton City, Burbank and surrounding areas.
September 2021 - May 2022; on Zoom (may include in-person meetings in the future). Second Saturday of every month.
The Spiritual Exercises, instituted by St. Ignatius of Loyola, are powerful prayer experiences that change lives. We provide a trained spiritual director to accompany every participant on this journey of faith. It's not the same as other programs of education. This is not a class. You don't have to "keep up" with the others who are in the program. Instead, it's a way in which each participant personally encounters all three persons of God, Father, Son and Spirit, through praying, using various forms of prayer that we teach you how to use. This program focuses on your spiritual growth and individual prayer such as contemplation, meditation, and imaginative prayer rather than formulaic prayer.
This powerful program takes time. You'll be asked to commit to an hour each day of personal prayer. You'll also need to arrange for an hour weekly with your spiritual director. Thirdly, to fit in an hour of prayer a day with the materials we provide, you might have to set aside some of the activities, prayers, rubrics, and habits you already have. To be successful, we ask that a retreatant focus all spiritual activity fully on the Spiritual Exercises for the 9 months of his or her participation.
At the end of the time, a person can return to prior activities and methods of prayer. But each person will have a whole new set of tools, including how to discern God's will for your life, with which to proceed.
So we ask you: are interested in growing closer to Christ, deepening your prayer life, and/or discussing your faith life with a spiritual director?
If so, the Spiritual Exercises in Everyday Life (SEEL Tri-Cities) could be for you. Those who participate in the Spiritual Exercises are changed for life!
During the Spiritual Exercises in Everyday Life you'll experience:
- Guided meditations
- Talks on certain points of Ignatian Spirituality and the life of St. Ignatius
- A spiritual director with whom you'll meet weekly for about 1 hour
- Small group faith sharing and personal prayer time.
- A much deeper understanding of God's call for you and how to discern that in your own life
- Materials needed to begin praying.
During the Spiritual Exercises in Everyday Life, you commit to:
- Pray for an hour daily on your own time with materials provided.
- Attend group meetings [Second Saturday of every month. (on Zoom)
- Keep a journal of your faith journey and daily prayer experiences.
- Meet with their assigned Spiritual Director once a week or so, on their own time.
- All materials
- A trained spiritual director for you to meet with one-on-one
- Group monthly meetings
- Instruction in Ignatian Spirituality
- Guided meditations and small group sharing
- Much more!
For a brochure and/or application, please click here.