I used to say I was attending my “last” Spiritual Exercises meeting, but it was never true. My adult children still kid me about that. When the program season ends, it might be the last meeting for that particular group, but it’s never the end for the organizers, or for those who direct. The Spiritual Exercises are like life – a continuum that calls us to prayer and leads us deeper, closer to Christ. And now, between sessions, we can get ready for the next session.
If you are providing the Spiritual Exercises in the fall, here are some things you can do to prepare:
- Send bulletin notices to all local parishes
- Update your Facebook page and other social media concerning your program
- Order new brochures
- Talk to local pastors to arrange pulpit talks and information meetings
- Evaluate your program and decide if there need to be any adjustments, deletions, additions
- Celebrate with your directors and volunteers, rewarding a job well done.
- Enjoy the summer!
If you are not involved in the Spiritual Exercises already, pray about whether God is calling you to them. You’ll find an application on our website, and on that of the other SEEL programs around the Northwest. Many of us are using digital means to continue our presence online. Please join us. A link to our application is below.