Spiritual Exercises in Southeastern Washington (Richland, Pasco, Kennewick, West Richland, Benton City, Finley, Prosser, WA)
The Spiritual Exercises, instituted by St. Ignatius of Loyola, are powerful prayer experiences that change lives. Thanks to the vision and generous spirit of the Jesuits, the Exercises have become available to lay people as well as members of the Society of Jesus.
Are you interested in growing closer to Christ, improving your prayer life, and/or talking with a spiritual director? The Spiritual Exercises in Everyday Life (SEEL Tri-Cities) could be just what you need. Those who participate in the Spiritual Exercises are changed for life!
Preparation Days Retreat
For the 2018-2019 season, the Spiritual Exercises in Everyday Life begins with a five-week Preparation Days Retreat, which runs 5 Monday evenings, September 10 – October 8, 6:30 – 8 PM, at St. Patrick’s Parish. Deadline for the Preparation Days Retreat application is September 1, 2018. Space is limited, so please apply early.
During the Preparation Days Retreat, you’ll experience:
- Guided meditations
- Talks on certain points of Ignatian Spirituality
- The life of St. Ignatius
- More about how to begin praying.
- Each meeting will also include small group faith sharing and personal prayer time. =
You’ll receive a journal you can use that includes all the information you’ll need to begin praying the Spiritual Exercises Preparation Days Retreat and a booklet that will help you write your faith autobiography.
Spiritual Exercises in Everyday Life
After the first five weeks, in October when the Preparation Days Retreat is complete, those who wish, can continue into the full Spiritual Exercises in Everyday Life. The full Spiritual Exercises will begin October 15, 2018. Those who make the Preparation Days Retreat do not have to continue into the Spiritual Exercises in Everyday Life. [Space is limited.] All materials are provided. There is a fee.
During the Spiritual Exercises in Everyday Life, participants:
- Are assigned a trained spiritual director with whom you’ll meet at least bi-weekly, and who will give you the materials to pray with.
- Pray for an hour daily on your own time with materials provided.
- Attend group meetings [first and third Mondays, starting the third Monday of October- Oct 15, 6:30 – 8 PM, St. Patrick’s School, Pasco WA].
- Keep a journal of your faith journey.
Participants promise to:
- pray daily for an hour using the materials provided
- journal about their prayer experiences each day
- meet with their assigned Spiritual Director once a week or so, on their own time
- attend monthly group meetings.
For a brochure and/or application, please click here.